Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First week of January

It's an interesting week. I had off Monday and Tuesday and now back to work. I have been fortunate enough to be able to spend alot of time creating the past few days while I was off. I'd like to share what I'm up to here!
 
I love visiting a blog called Lucile's Kitchen . The other day I read a post related to pastry and bread. I just love how Lucille paints and I was inspired to paint some bread that my husband bought at a local deli. I just painted what was left of the loaf tonight:

From my art journal, 1-2-13. Some packaging labels and taking note of some awesome delicacies.
A fantastic Rumi quote/poem. I had so much fun creating this patchwork of paper, using the scraps from project below.


Here is a small photo collage of work that I did for a friend. She hasn't seen it yet however she doesn't follow my blog. She asks me every so often to make up custom business cards from old paintings that I would just get rid of or paint over. I didn't have to many this time so I made a few extra pages with just watercolor and random stamping. But overall it is fun to do, I don't have to do it too often and she gives me all the time I need to make them.
I hope a good week is had by all. Enjoy the year and all it holds for you. Thanks for stopping by and, always drop me a line I always love to get a hello!
 
Please go to Mary's blog and check out this easy going Link Up:

 
Take care and be well. Happy New Year!!!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

17 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice that even the cast offs find a home. The plate under the bread looks very real nice. Thanks for sharing with SMWYG!

Pat said...

Happy new year Fran! Your sketch is gorgeous and looks like it was pretty delicious too. :)

Cameron said...

Oh Fran, that bread looks like it was just delicious....can't go wrong with simple, tasty ingredients like those :)

What beautiful business cards, too....a lovely way to stand out in a crowd!

Happy New Year, Dear Frances! It's going to be a memorable one :)

Tracey FK said...

I love Lucille's Kitchen as well... but I am thinking I like Fran's kitchen even better!!! Great post...xx

Unknown said...

Oh that is a wonderful compliment Tracey but I am not so sur ! Lucile' s work is fabulous! But I'll take it, my friend!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cameron! The bread was great and the babka was even better if you could believe it! Thank u
You for the lovely new year wishes

Unknown said...

Hi Pat ! Happy new year to you too! I'll be back over to visit again soon!

Unknown said...

Oh my pleasure! I like the link up idea a lot! I like that plate too , my favorite set:)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely beautiful journal page! :]
Thank you for sharing the link, such a wonderful Blog as well.
Your photo..."YUMMY" painted goodness, great collage, Fran. ~xx

Anonymous said...

What pretty artworks and fun business cards for your friend! The sewn collage paper is my favorite. Your handwriting is also beautiful. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much April! such kind comments:)))

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon, thank you for visiting and I am happy you like the collage. it was so much fun to make!

Unknown said...

Hi Fran, your page is so colourful and full of energy. I love the stitching, too.

Yvonne said...

YUM that bread looks gorgeous :D I've been thinking about and meeting food in my art a lot lately too - what's up with that? ;)

A very happy, inspired, creative, healthy and paint-splattered New Year to you - looking forward to seeing what you will create!

Unknown said...

LOVE the patchwork quilt!!
xo
lynn

Unknown said...

Thanks!!!thats my paper scrap quilt;)

Unknown said...

Haha I know I have alot of food art too:))